Top Films of 2009 list.
I hear a lot of podcasters figuring out the number of movies they watched in 2009, so I thought I'd try out the same using the Wikipedia list. There are so many movies I wanted to see that I didn't, and there some truly awful ones that I did see (HINT: three of them have colons in their titles, and one is represented by a bizarre fangirl picture screen right). But 28 new movies in a year isn't too shabby, right? That's 2 1/3 per month. I probably saw more in 2008, but I was writing weekly reviews for Buzz back then.
Anyhow, here's my list. I think this is everything. All links are to my reviews.
2. The Class (French)
3. Coraline (saw it on DVD a few nights ago)
4. Gomorra (Italian)
5. Street Fighter: Legend of Chun-Li
6. Monsters vs. Aliens
7. Hannah Montana: The Movie (I promise, not by choice, but as a favor to Ms. Dani-Lyn Loucks)
8. X-Men Origins: Wolverine
9. Drag Me to Hell (on DVD)
11. The Hangover
12. The Proposal
13. My Sister's Keeper
15. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (I remember almost nothing about the plot of this movie)
16. District 9
17. Inglorious Basterds
18. Paranormal Activity
19. A Serious Man
20. An Education
21. Where the Wild Things Are
22. The Men Who Stare at Goats
24. The Twilight Saga: New Moon
25. Up in the Air
28. Sherlock Holmes
I'd be interested to compare with others. Post your count in the comments, if you wish, and your thoughts on what I totally should have seen.
Next few posts will include my annual top 5, bottom 5, and top 5 movies I wanted to see but didn't. For the moment, I need to stare at this list and think about it for awhile. Stay tuned!